The Chenoa Community Fire Department has been in existence for over 100 years. Like other small communities in the area, the department started as a Bucket Brigade. It was funded by "the Firefighters." They held talent shows and solicited funds from business owners and community residents. Before this time, there was no fire protection to any property outside of the city limits.
In the 1940's, the department became a taxing body and became The Chenoa Fire Protection District. The District gives fire protection to approximately one hundred square miles of the area around Chenoa.
The Department is governed by a three-member board of trustees and has 21 volunteer firefighters.
The Chenoa Fire Protection District answers approximately 80 emergency calls a year and trains 3 times a month.
The Department owns 3 pumpers capable of pumping 3,500 gallons of water per minute and 3,000 feet of fire hose. They also own one tanker, one rescue vehicle, one brush truck and one squad vehicle.
The prize possession of the Fire Department, The Clown Truck, was purchased in 1952 by the firemen to advertise the Chenoa Centennial. It has been in parades all over the state. It is a 1923 Graham Brothers and has only missed one 4th of July parade due to a flat tire.
Phone: (309) 261-2108